Powell Industries, Inc. Expeditor in Acheson, Alberta
Based out of the Electrical Division Edmonton, (EDE) location, the Expeditor will report to the Material Control Manager of Manufacturing. The Expeditor will be responsible for expediting shortages and ensuring all required items are completed to support assembly operations.
- Supporting the manufacturing floor, finding lost parts by physically looking for them and investigating missing parts, creating discrete jobs to replace them if unable to locate.
- Document and track current status of all shortages for jobs on the production line.
- Work closely with Purchasing, Inventory Manager, Shop and Manufacturing personnel to ensure timely delivery of shortage items.
- Review & resolve material shortages from Kitters before assembly starts to manufacture.
- Run and review material shortages reports for all projects in production.
- Coordinate Stock Room picking process and ensure pick lists are issued & completed based on Kit released schedule by Stock Rooms employees.
- Update and resolve all items reported under after kit Report.
- Run Shortages Summary Report and ensure items received into SHORTSTK1 locator are issued to production ASAP.
- Document and track current status for all HFD items for jobs on the production line.
- Work closely with Engineering, PM’s, Shop, QA and Manufacturing personnel to coordinate Ship loose process.
- Attend weekly production meetings.
- Promote a safety culture as well as attend all safety meetings.
- Ensure quality by following standard work instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality.
- Ensure work area remains clean and well organized.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effectively diagnoses problems and initiates proper actions to resolve them.
- Able to build effective relationships with subordinates peers, organizational leaders and key stakeholders.
- Actively seeks out self-development through internal or external programs that contributes to knowledge, skill and abilities.
- Conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
- Ability to learn and adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure adherence to ISO requirements.
- Able to work effectively within your team and around other departments and their activities.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Minimum education level of a High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment is considered an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel is considered an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Oracle is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office products is an asset.
- Safety training certificates are an asset for the position.
- Due to the safety sensitive nature of this position successful candidates will undergo pre-employment substance abuse and medical testing upon hire.
- Safety sensitive position in a temperature controlled manufacturing or industrial environment with occasional outside activities.
- Required to wear personnel protective equipment at all times (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety harnesses and respirators) when required.
- Must be able to work from all type of ladders (step ladders, "A" frame ladders and all size extension ladders).
Able to maintain body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner continuously.
Continuous standing, walking 50-300 foot distances for long periods of time with only occasional sitting.
Able to frequently look over shoulders, work with both arms above shoulders and use both arms at full length frequently.
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force continuously up to 50lbs.
- Ability to use hand tools such as tin snips, hammer, and power tools (some vibrating), for long periods of time with frequent repetition.