Powell Industries, Inc. Assembler in Acheson, Alberta
Powell People Solving Tough Problems
As a top player in Switchgear and E-house Manufacturing, Field & Valve Servicing, a career with us will challenge you to solve some very tough problems. You will be rewarded with growth, personal development & industry expertise. At Powell, we appreciate our employees by providing a comprehensive salary package, RRSP matching, extensive benefits and job training all within a professional & friendly working environment.
Based out of the Electrical Division Edmonton (EDE) location, the Assembler will report to the Manufacturing Supervisor of the Switchgear Assembly department. The Assembler will be responsible for the Assembly of electrical units, switchgear, and other Powell products.
- Build and assemble mechanical components for Switchgear units.
- Assemble Switchgear units as per blue prints and instructions.
- Repair identified discrepancies with Switchgear units.
- Promote a safety culture as well as attend all safety meetings.
- Ensures quality by following standard work instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality.
- Ensure that work areas remain clean and well organized.
- Other duties as required.
- Willingly accepts constructive feedback.
- Effectively demonstrates on-time delivery and the ability to stay focused on goals and responsibilities.
- Self-starter with ability to take on multiple tasks with a drive to succeed.
- Challenges the status quo; looks for better or more efficient ways to get results.
- Ability to adapt to new ideas, technology, processes or product changes.
- Believes and displays through actions that our customers represent our current success and remain vital to our future growth.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical decision making.
- Conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
- Able to work effectively within your team and around other departments and their activities.
- Ability to learn and adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure adherence to ISO requirements.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Minimum education level of a High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum 0-3 years’ of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in Switchgear units is considered an asset.
- Ability to read a tape measure (including conversions from fraction to decimal and conversely from decimal to fraction and metric to imperial).
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their design, use, repair and maintenance.
- Basic working knowledge of MES (Manufacturing and Execution System).
- Safety training certificates are an asset for the position.
Who we are
Powell Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Powell Industries, which is located in Houston, Texas. Globally, we have over 70 years of experience. Powell Canada is a reputable electrical manufacturing, valve servicing and electrical/instrumentation contracting company. We hold a strong industry presence with offices located in Edmonton, Acheson, Vancouver, Calgary, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Montreal and Saskatoon.
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer’s needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.